Monday 27 August 2012

Green graffiti

I saw pictures of Green Graffiti for the first time on the Facebook page of Du Cote de chez Vous and loved it soo much, I had to find out more about it. I found  lovely images and recipes here, here and here.



In the meantime I had made my own and I'm anxious to see it grow into lush, green moss. Here are some photo's of what I did....

 Freshly harvested moss is the best

 Most of the soil rinsed off....

 Not very appealing, but it's not for drinking anyway...

 Moss goo, ready to be painted....

Painted on the wall of our shed

I'm adding some corn syrup to the remainder of the paint to see if it will be thicker and easier to paint with. The painted "wall" is South facing (in the Southern hemisphere) which is ideal for the moss to grow. For now we are very curious to see what happens over the next few weeks. 

Watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...