Tuesday 23 April 2013

DIY lampshades

With "designer" light-bulbs all the rage now, I would think a bespoke lampshade covered in your favourite fabric would be a fabulous addition to any room in your home.



Click here to read the tutorial by decor8 on how revamp a shade for your own designer lampshade



You can buy an uncovered lampshade like the one above from Lampshade Studio in Somerset West (ZA) or up-cycle one of your old shades. I like to visit thrift shops and junk yards and I'm certain one can find something special there too.

pretty lace covered shade (pic source)

What I like about these is that it is simple and inexpensive.  If you want to change the cover of the shade again, all you need to do is peel off the old fabric and start with a fresh idea. 

For the designer light bulbs the possibilities are infinite. Try here on the 1000Bulbs(dot)com website, if you like the antique look or here on Plumen, for something more modern.

one of my favourites from here

I love this one from Plumen

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...