Thursday 26 May 2011

Autumn

First I want to say thank you to all my friends for their lovely comments about my blog. I appreciate the words of encouragement and love.

Everyday I drive in our beautiful area, and I am overwhelmed by the beauty all around us. I wonder sometimes how many people, like me, stop to look for a moment at these beautiful scenes of nature. We are truly blessed to live where we do, to witness the change of seasons in the vineyards, the change in the light that the sun cast on the mountains, the mysterious blanket of mist over the valleys in the mornings....

Here are a few pictures I took today...


 I love the way the late afternoon sun catches on the leaves of this tree on our driveway...


They are not very colorful, but I love the soft squishy bed of leaves in the patch behind our house...

I am trying to post a photo of my favorite tree in all its' red and gold glory, but somehow it doesn't work. I even cropped it a bit, but it still comes out on its' side instead of right way around. Will have to work on that a bit.. hehe

These images and the colors of autumn reminds me of a beautiful poem by Spike Milligan:

If I could write words
Like leaves on an autumn forest floor
What a bonfire my letters would make.

If I could speak words of water,
You would drown when I said
'I love you.' 



I got the above from the following site:
http://www.poemhunter.com/spike-milligan/

I found this poem while looking around for beautiful poems about love, for our wedding in January. This one really said it all for me..

Sweet dreams to all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...