Wednesday 20 June 2012

Winter gardening

Even though the soil is cold and very wet, it is not time to be idle in the garden.  I try to do as much as I can on sunny days (when I'm not raking up leaves...hehehe) and I'm excited to see some pretty blooms as soon as the weather warms up again in August/September.


I love Violas, Pansies and Nemesia for a bit of colour in winter.  Here I used an old bread tin (with holes punched in the bottom for drainage) for my winter blooms.


I keep all sorts of recyclable containers; an up-cycled food tin is a good "home" for my succulents.


Old garden furniture can make for wonderful planters. I am excited to see the "Forget Me Not" in full bloom in this old chair.


Old telephone directory pages used for a seedling "tray". It's too cold yet but these little guys look rather happy in their little "pot" for now. See more pictures of this kind of container here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...