Monday 10 September 2012

DIY - concrete vessels

I've been wanting to make these for a very long time and the bag of ready-mix concrete was sitting there waiting for me to do something with it.

I will ask The Captain to drill a hole in the bottom
and use this one as a pot for a small succulent plant.


All you need is a few plastic containers. Get a ready-mix concrete mix
and once it's mixed, pour it into your plastic vessels. 



You then press another smaller plastic container into the concrete and push it down,
but not all the way down. Pour some heavy stones or sand into it to weigh it down.


Allow it to dry and then remove the outside container and then the inside one.


Allow for it to dry on the inside


For the round one I used a plastic bowl like this one


I like this shape a lot and I think I'll make a few more of these. 
It will make a nice gift if you put a small plant in there, no?

Happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...