Monday 12 November 2012

Door make-over

I picked up this old door from a junk yard (my favourite place to find "treasures") for about 20.00 ZAR and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. 


I removed the handles and hinges and gave it a good sanding. The solid panel at the bottom got three coats of chalkboard paint  and at the same time I brushed a few strokes of the same paint all around for special effect later.


Masking tape and newspaper blocked off the panels for the frame to be painted.


Voilà! What do you think?

paint swatches from here

I'm not quite sure if I want to leave the glass panel as is, or give it a coat of magnetic paint in a lovely pastel shade. I love all of these colours above, but will I find something similar in magnetic? I'll keep you posted!

Happy day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...